Features of cyanobacterial-algal communities in artificial ecosystems of treatment facilities of Meleuz City
Giuzel A. Gulamanova, Luiza Z. Teltsova
Bashkir State University (Ufa, Russia)
In this article, cyanoprokaryotes and algae of activated sludge of biological treatment facilities of the city of Meleuz were studied. The research revealed 27 species of algae and cyanoprokaryotes from 4 divisions. The leading class in terms of the number of species is Cyanophyceae: they accounted for 14 species, or 35.5% of the total number of species. In second place belongs to representatives of the class Bacillariophyceae (19.3%), followed by representatives of the class Chlorophyceae (12.9%). Four classes (Trebouxiophyceae, Mediophyceae, Coscinodiscophyceae, Euglenophyceae) were represented by single species. Most taxa below the class (orders, families, genera) are also represented by single species. The structure-forming species (the most common) include 3 species of cyanoprokaryotes: Microcystis aeruginosa, Oscillatoria planctonica, Arthrospira platensis. The number of saprobity indicator species (degree of organic pollution) was 18 species, or 58% of the total number of species. Indicators of all saprobic zones, except for xenosaprobic ones, were revealed. The degree of organic pollution was 2.96, which corresponds to the mesosaprobic zone. There is no correlation between the number of species and seasonality, and the communities are relatively stable. It can be concluded that the cyanoprokaryotic-algal communities of activated sludge of biological treatment facilities in the city of Meleuz are characterized by a poor species composition, with a predominance of zionoprokaryotes. The level of organic pollution corresponds to a moderately polluted area.
Key words: algae; algae diversity; activated sludge (active silt); treatment facilities
Full text of the article in Russian - http://algology.ru/1649
- Barinova S.S., Medvedeva L.A., Anisimova O.V. Diversity of algal indicators in the environmental assessment. Pilies Studio, Tel Aviv, Israel, 2006. 498 p. (in Russ.)
- Dudchenko M.I., Nikitina L.I. Diagnostics of activated sludge of aerotanks by hydrobionts. Nauchno-tekhnicheskoe i ekonomicheskoe sotrudnichestvo stran ATR v XXI veke [Scientifically technical and economical cooperation in Asia-Pacific countries in the 21st century] 2019. V.2. P. 93–96. (in Russ.)
- Dzhumagulova N.T., Smetanin V.I. Artificial sewage treatment ecosystems. Vestnik Kyrgyzsko-Rossijskogo slavyanskogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University]. 2019. V.19, №12. P. 133–137. (in Russ.)
- Guiry M.D., Guiry G.M. AlgaeBase. World-wide electronic publication, National University of Ireland, Galway. 2020. http://www.algaebase.org (date: 20.05.2020).
- Sadchikov A.P. Metody izucheniya presnovodnogo fitoplanktona: metodicheskoe rukovodstvo [Methods for studying freshwater phytoplankton: a methodological guide]. Izd-vo «Universitet i shkola», Moscow, 2003. 157 p. (in Russ.)
- Shkundina F.B., Gabidullina G.F. Algae and Cyanobacteria as Biomarkers for the State of the Activated Sludge. European Researcher. 2014. V.66. №1–1. P. 5–11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13187/issn.2219-8229
- Shkundina F.B., Gabidullina G.F., Yadykina M.G. Ispol'zovanie cianoprokariotno-vodoroslevyh cenozov priochistke stochnyh vod biologicheskih ochistnyh sooruzhenij [The use of cyanoprokaryotic-algal cenoses in wastewater treatment of biological treatment facilities]. Al'gologiya [Algology]. 2013. T.23, №2. P. 217–228. (in Russ.)
- Shkundina F.B., Kniss V.A., Shkundina R.A., Tamindarova L.A. Intellektual'nyj analiz dannyh monitoringa biologicheskih ochistnyh sooruzhenij [Intelligent analysis of monitoring data for biological treatment plants]. Ekologiya i promyshlennost' Rossii [Ecology and Industry of Russia]. 2006. №9. P. 35–37. (in Russ.)
- Yadykina M.G. Avtotrofnyj plankton kak biologicheskij indikator urovnya zagryazneniya verzkhnego techeniya r. Beloj: dissertaciya kandidata biologicheskih nauk [Autotrophic plankton as a biological indicator of the level of pollution of the upper reaches of the Belaya River]: PhD Dissertation abstract. Ufa, 2011. 20 p. (in Russ.)
- Zhmur N.S. Biocenoticheskie izmeneniya aktivnogo ila, funkcioniruyushchego v usloviyah ekstremal'nogo antropogennogo vozdejstviya: dissertaciya doktora biologicheskih nauk [Biocenotic changes in activated sludge functioning under extreme anthropogenic impact]: DPhil Dissertation abstract. Moscow, 2000. 49 p. (in Russ.)
- Zhmur N.S. Tekhnologicheskie i biohimicheskie processy ochistki stochnyh vod na sooruzheniyah s aerotenkami [Technological and biochemical processes of wastewater treatment at facilities with aeration tanks]. AKVAROS, Moscow, 2003. 512 p. (in Russ.)
- Zhukov A.V., Nikitina L.I., Tribun M.M., Majorova L.P., Tishchenko V.P. Sushchnost' ochistki stochnyh vod biologicheskim metodom [Essence of wastewater treatment by the biological method]. Dal'nevostochnaya vesna – 2018 [FAR EAST SPRING – 2018]: Proceedings of the 16th Intern. scientific and practical conference on environmental problems and safety (Komsomolsk-on-Amur, April 27, 2018). Komsomolsk-on-Amur, 2018. P. 58–60. (in Russ.)
Gulamanova Giuzel A.
Orcid ID – https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9012-5629
Bashkir State University, Ufa, Russia
Teltsova Luiza Z.
Orcid ID – https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6919-3427
Bashkir State University, Ufa, Russia
Gulamanova G.A., Teltsova L.Z. Features of cyanobacterial-algal communities in artificial ecosystems of treatment facilities of Meleuz City. Voprosy sovremennoi algologii (Issues of modern algology). 2021. № 1 (25). P. 32–36. URL: http://algology.ru/1649
DOI - https://doi.org/10.33624/2311-0147-2021-1(25)-32-36
When reprinting a link to the site is required
Dear colleagues! If you want to receive the version of the article in PDF format, write to the editor,please and we send it to you with pleasure for free.
Address - firstname.lastname@example.org